* Name: Faiq Zidan
* Current Position: President of the Supreme Judicial Council and Chief of the Federal Court of Cassation.
* Date and Place of Birth: 1967 – Baghdad
* Academic Qualification:
- B.A of Law, University of Baghdad.
- High Diploma of Judicial Sciences, the Judicial Institute in Baghdad.
- M.A of International Law – Lebanon.
- Ph.D. in General Law -Lebanon
* Worked as a lawyer in Baghdad, 1991 – 1997.
* Studied in Judicial Institute in Baghdad, 1997 – 1999.
* Appointed as a judge in Baghdad governorate , 1999.
* Worked in Civil Courts and Criminal Courts in Baghdad 1999 – 2005.
* Appointed as a chief of Central Investigation Court Competent Combating Terrorism and Important Crimes, 2005 – 2012.
* Appointed as a member of Federal Court of Cassation, 2012.
* Appointed as Vice - Chief of Federal Court of Cassation, 2014.
* Appointed as Chief of Federal Court of Cassation, 2016.
* Took office as the President of Supreme Judicial Council in January 2017 after the issuance of the Law of the Supreme Judicial Council No. (45) for the year 2017. This law stipulates that the Chief of the Court of Cassation shall serve as the President of the Supreme Judicial Council of Iraq
The Researches and the Studies
* The authority of the criminal court to evaluate the confession of the accused.
* Thumbprint is as an evidence of the proof.
* The application of the law in the term of time.
* The Federal Supreme Court in Iraq / thesis of M.A .
* Control of the constitutional judiciary on the constitutional limits among authorities / Doctoral thesis.